CampusImage.jpg

Campus

The University of Pennsylvania's first campus was in Old City, Philadelphia, on the corner of 4th & Arch Street. Although none of the original buildings stand today, the campus location is denoted with a plaque on the exterior wall of the Wyndham Hotel. 

In 1870, the University of Pennsylvania moved to West Philadelphia, on the corner of 34th & Walnut Street. Although the institution of slavery had been abolished, traces of the institution of slavery can be seen on Penn's current campus today. 

Begin →